FLEX TWO SIDED SMT FORM & TRIM SYSTEMS UNCOMPROMISING ACCURACY AND VERSATILITY
Fancort's Flex family of adjustable forming systems are the most versatile and accurate adjustable production tools for most Flat Packs and Quad Packs.
The Flex is the only system that can accurately center Quad Packs in a two-sided system allowing the leads of any Quad Pack to meet the X-Y pads on a PCB every time. The centering station and the loader also reduce operator error and handling.
Our optional patented Floating Anvil Automatic System incorporates automatic standoff height control measuring the height of every part run in the system. A typical system consists of a Flex tool, Floating Anvil Press, Centering Station and Loader with vacuum.
Why do I need or should consider Floating Anvil Technology?
Floating Anvil Technology: Why do I need it, or should consider it?
The typical radiation-hardened components most Aerospace and Defense customers form and trim are very expensive and are sometimes in extremely limited supply. Quad Packs to be formed to SMT often fit into this category.
A good question to ask is the value and availability of your parts.
Potentially losing a part, or two, with the incorrect standoff height is a major concern mentioned by most mechanical and process engineers. This alone could justify the additional one-time cost difference in these tools and presses.
Once you have the floating anvil 5000-2-5 Press and use floating anvil tools, you see a better ROI in your production department!
Our Fancort Floating Anvil System is covered under patent #4,907,628 is unique in the industry. It is the most common SMT system used at all major defense companies worldwide, including: NASA, ESA, BOEING, RAYTHEON, LOCKHEED MARTIN, ATRIUM, THALES, GENERAL DYNAMICS, EADS, BAE and many more!
The two key dimensions the Floating Anvil System helps to maintain are "A" standoff and "D" tip to tip.
• PC Controlled
• Electronic press, automatic flex tool, centering station and loader.
• Interchangeable foot length
• Flat packs and quad packs
• Automatic height control. Perfect standoff height every time.
• Centering via external centering station.
• Patented Fancort Technology
Flex system general limitations
SmartFlex Option, for standard Flex system PC controlled, automatic "D" tip to tip "A" stand off height via computer program.
The FLEX is a two-sided gull-wing lead forming system with automatic standoff control.
Simple changeover of die members, combined with accurate, repeatable charges in tip to tip length, can vary all the critical dimensions of most SMT footprints on a wide variety of ceramic packages.
1. Automatic set up and adjustment of the "A" Standoff height.
2. Automatic set up and adjustment of the "D" Tip to Tip
3. SMT forming specs library, the operator can choose existing forming specs that are linked to a list of internal Flex tool members (that the customer has on hand already) and will be required to process this new or existing IC part.
4. SMT Development Mode. This feature will prompt the technician to enter his required forming specs and will help guide the operator to put in values that are industry standards. Once the values are accepted, the program will determine what internal tooling members will be used or have to be acquired. This unique program calculates spring back and has the Flex systems limitation included for example .012 "C" is the system's maximum lead thickness capability and the program will not allow a value larger than .012 to be entered or saved.
5. Parts Library. This section will have a list of all internal Flex tool members on hand for use that the user has acquired.
6. Internal Flex tool members will have a bar code ID that will identify its critical dimensions when read with the reader provided with the system.
7. Internal Diagnostics. Operation manual, Factory Support
We can customize to fit your needs, for more information, click on the button or contact:
(888)-326-2678 x 719