Fancort is the industry leader in component lead preparation services for the Semiconductor and Aerospace industries. We have 40 years of experience in lead forming of a wide variety of packages, including large and small flat packs and quad packs, DIPs, fiberoptic headers and devices that require conversion from through-hole to SMT. We use our unique universal and dedicated tooling systems and complete process control to ensure accuracy and quick turnaround of your parts to JEDEC/IPC and/or mil-spec standard dimensions, with optional services such as package leak testing and tinning if required.
Form and Trim Features
Tinning and Gold Removal Process Definition and Control:
- Fancort Industries is ISO 9001:2008 Certified from January 16, 2016 until January 15, 2019. Certificate # US 13/82686.
- Fancort Industries is ITAR registered, code M22953, as of May 15, 2008. Fancort is, also, listed with the US Government under Cage Code # 6L 152. Fancort is an approved NASA supplier of Forming Services and Tools.
- Lead forming to Mil-STD-883K and IPC J-STD-001E-2010/April 2010
- Complete process control and documentation
- Standard footprint layouts available or we will design your custom footprint
- All work is done in a controlled ESD-safe environment per ANSI/ESD 20.20. Our facility meets all requirements for Class Zero applications (0-250 volts).
- DOD/ESD MIL-STD-1686C Compliant
- Turnaround can be as little as three days (typically 10 working days)
- Inspection of incoming devices for lead skew or other deformity
- Inspection report and Certificate of Compliance
Fine and Gross Leak Testing
- Lead tinning is per IPC J-STD for soldering J-STD-001F module #3 and J-STD-001FS #6 , Space Addendum. (Requirements for Soldered Electrical & Electronic Assemblies).
Fancort is IPC J-STD-001ES CERTIFIED for tinning Space Grade flat packs and quad packs as of 18-November-2013.
- Tinning is done on our automated LTS200 machine.
- Fancort tinning is done in a 100% inert Nitrogen environment.
Solder used is 63/37 Ultra pure standard.
Fancort uses a non-flux process utilizing an automated tinning machine, Nitrogen blanket and incorporating dual dynamic pot process
Fancort's tinning standard is: No Flux.
Video of an Actel 256 FPGA device formed by Fancort showing tinning in our Robotic 2-Step System
TO Can Tinned and Formed
Per IPC J-STD-001E & -001ES. "For surface mounted parts, the gold shall be removed from at least 95% of the total gold plated surface to be soldered."
Fancort’s tinning process is not intended to eliminate and/or reduce the growth of tin whiskers on lead free (tin plated) leads.
Fancort's solder pot testing complies with IPC-J-STD- 001E contamination limits. (Table 3-1 on page 7).
Fancort standard Mil-spec process is a double dip procedure to remove the gold first, then add the solder coating.
The normal Lead Tinning height is about 1/2 way up the leg, giving full heel coverage for excellent soldering to the PC Board. In no case shall the solder line extend further than halfway up the shoulder bend.
Solder alloys used for solder dip are in accordance with J-STD-006, or equivalent, and shall contain a minimum of 3% lead. Hot solder dip meets the tinning requirements of ANSI/IPC J-STD-001E, Class 3, and tinned leads shall meet the solderability requirements of J-STD-002, Category 3.
Adjustable Shipping matrix trays to hold two and four-sided SMT devices; includes ESD packaging
Typical DIP to SMT formed hybrid part